When you need precision 3D laser scanning in Oakland, contact the experts at Cinquini & Passarino, Inc. Our high-definition 3D laser scanner collects nearly 1 million points per second to deliver true existing conditions surveys. We work with a wide range of clients, including contractors, developers, property owners, engineers, local municipalities, and state and federal governments. With over 68 years of expertise in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can rely on us to exceed the highest accuracy standards.
What is Laser Scanning Used for in Surveying?
Laser scanning surveying is a highly accurate surveying method that collects spatial information as point cloud data. The laser scanning system sends out pulses that capture hundreds of millions of points at varying distances to provide a complete reconstruction of the site. The scan data can then be processed for use in a variety of 2D and 3D software. It’s very effective for sites that require detailed measurements or are difficult to access.
Due to its ability to quickly survey even the most difficult areas, laser scanning has become a very popular surveying method for a wide range of industries. Some typical uses for land-based laser scanning surveying in Oakland include:
- Developing 3D models of building elevations
- Topographic and landscape mapping
- Creating floor plans and panoramic walkthroughs
- ADA conformance surveys
- Surveying sites or objects would be difficult, dangerous, or time-consuming to survey using other methods
- Clearance analysis
- Water storage tank calculations
- Historical site preservation
- Settlement surveys
- Tunnel profiling
- Road surveying and traffic construction analysis
- As-built drawings
- Monitoring the progress of site work
- Floor flatness certification surveys
What Are the Benefits of Laser Scanning Surveying?
3D Laser scanning technology gives you an accurate understanding of building conditions, allowing you to make more informed decisions for your project. It also offers several benefits and advantages compared to other surveying methods:
- Faster results
- Reduced field time
- Reduced overall project costs
- Provides the most accurate surveying data available
- Highly versatile – can be used in many different applications
- Eliminates health and safety risks
- Can easily survey sensitive areas, like historical sites or unsafe structures
- Limited disruption to job sites or the general public
- Can be performed in low light conditions
- All data collection is scalable
- Ideal for building information modeling (BIM)
- Improved quality control
Laser Scanning Services–Our Deliverables
We offer the following deliverables for 3D laser scanning in Oakland:
- A sanitized point cloud
- 2D drawings
- Point Cloud view with measurement capabilities
- Import files for AutoCAD Civil 3D or Revit
Specific objects within the point cloud can also be extracted into AutoCAD for use by your civil engineers, architects, and designers.
Accurate Surveys for the Most Challenging Projects
In addition to our 3D scanning services, we offer hydrographic surveys, boundary surveys, ground and aerial topographic mapping, ALTA/NSPS surveys, and more. We’re adept at handling challenging projects while meeting the highest accuracy standards. Our laser scanning surveyors utilize the latest technology to provide precise 3D data to improve project coordination, eliminate site disruptions, and reduce costs due to change orders and delays.