Alta Surveying in Santa Rosa
Serving contractors, developers, property owners, engineers, other land surveyors, local municipalities, and state and federal governments.
Cinquini & Passarino, Inc. offers professional ALTA/NSPS Land Title surveys in Santa Rosa Ca and the greater Bay Area. Our licensed land surveyors adhere to the strict standards of the American Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS).
What is an ALTA/NSPS Survey?
An ALTA/NSPS survey identifies all the important features of a Santa Rosa property and how they relate to the real estate title. This includes:
- Boundary lines
- Real property
- Surface Evidence of Underground Utilities
- Potential Encroachments
- Land ownership data
ALTA/NSPS land surveys are often required in real estate transactions. They also give title companies, corporations, or lenders the information needed to issue an American Land Title Association extended coverage title insurance policy.
The American Land Title Association has established a set of national requirements for ALTA/NSPS land surveys to ensure consistency and uniformity. This includes:
- Performing surveys to the standards and precision required
- Researching public records for anything that might affect the property. This includes the legal description and recorded easements.
- Providing details of the fieldwork findings, such as right-of-way, monuments, access, improvements, easements, and other features
- Integrating the elements of the survey into a plat or site map
- Using specific certification language to show that the survey was conducted per the Standards and performed by professional land surveyors
- Following specific instructions on how the deliverables are provided to the client or insurer
- Optional Table A items, which both parties can negotiate or agree upon. This may include information related to zoning, topography, wetlands, flood zoning, utilities, and more.
A detailed analysis of the property is essential for identifying title issues so they can be resolved before the purchase is finalized. Depending on your needs, your ALTA/NSPS land survey may include:
- A boundary survey that documents the boundaries of the parcel
- An as-built survey to locate structural improvements
- A topographic survey to show the property’s elevations
When is an ALTA/NSPS Survey Required?
An ALTA/NSPS land survey is typically required for:
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Vacant land purchases
- Pre-Construction and post-construction lending
Contact C&P for ALTA/NSPS Title Survey Services
There are several types of surveys that lenders may consider, but boundary surveys and ALTA/NSPS surveys are generally the most common. Our surveyors will work closely with you to understand your needs and title requirements. In addition to ALTA/NSPS, we offer comprehensive land surveying services in Sonoma County. This includes ground and aerial topographic surveys, wetlands surveys, construction staking, hydrographic surveys and more.